The 4 star Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa, is seeking a experienced General Manager to manage the day to day operations and strategic direction of the business.
The hotel owner is looking for someone to lead and inspire the hotel staff to achieve the goal of being the best hotel in East Kent offering the best service to the hotel customers.
The Best Western Plus Dover Marina Hotel & Spa is a 4 star branded hotel that has the following features:
- 85 guest rooms (125 rooms by July 2024)
- MPW branded restaurant known as Mr White’ English Chophouse
- A wheelers branded fish and chips outlet
- Three function rooms for events and weddings
- The Waterfront Spa and gym which includes seven spa treatment rooms, sauna, steam room, sunbed and hot tub
- The Waterfront lounge bar open to the hotel guests and general public
- The Waterfront café
The Hotel will expand in the next 18 months and have a further 45 guest rooms, an additional function room, plus a new bistro and lounge bar at the eastern end of the hotel.
- Inspiring, leading and coaching a team of circa 40 staff across the hotel
- Making sure that the team members are correctly coordinated and trained
- Ensuring that the growth plans are completed in line with the development of Port of Dover Marina, Container Terminal and Cruise Terminal in front of the property
- Working with the operations, sales, spa, gym and event team to help drive room occupancy, event sales and spa sales and gym memberships
- Financial accountability for the operation of the hotel – including budgets and business plan creation, P&L, creditors and debtors and EBITDA
- Ensuring standards of cleanliness, tidiness and health and safety standards are maintained at high levels
Key skills & experience:
- To be a great communicator able to deal articulately with staff and customers
- The ability to be ‘hands on’ when needed but also able to take a step back and have a strategic approach
- At least three years experience in a similar role
- Experience of event management and weddings
- Experience of managing large teams
- Experience in overseeing CAPEX projects
The remuneration package will be in line with that associated with a senior experienced General Manager of a large 4 star hotel and will include a profit related bonus scheme.
How to apply: please contact [email protected] to apply for this position.