Tours International, a Kent based inbound tour operator trading for over 35 years, offers bespoke tours to international visitors primarily from North America/Canada and French speaking markets. They are currently looking for an experienced French speaking group operations handler to join their team.
- Contracting with suppliers (hoteliers, restaurants, attractions, and other service providers) to place groups according to requirements.
- Responding to email/website/telephone enquiries.
- Writing and researching subject content for bespoke itineraries.
- Generating client quotes and subsequent follow ups.
- Confirming bookings and reservations with both suppliers and clients; generating confirmation documents and confirmed itineraries.
- Developing close working relationships with clients to ensure a full understanding of their requirements, and guarantee these requirements are met to a high standard.
- Attend industry trade events both in the UK and abroad to represent the company, establish networking opportunities and meet with current and potential clients to sell our product.
Key skills & experience:
- Be fluent in French across the board; reading/writing/speaking.
- Have good knowledge of the UK hotel market.
- A good understanding of the travel industry with relevant sales and marketing experience.
- Have good geography knowledge of the UK.
- Be creative and ability to think out of the box.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Have excellent administrative/organisation skills with strong attention to detail.
- Have excellent time keeping skills – be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Be able to work independently – the role is home working based.
- Be flexible and adaptable in their approach.
- Have a UK drivers’ licence (preferred).
- Have an active passport that will need to be kept valid/in date.
How to apply: please send your CV and cover letter to [email protected].