VisitAberdeenshire is seeking a Head of Business Development to lead the organisation’s B2B agenda that encompasses both business events and intermediary marketing to the travel trade.
The role is designed to add significant value to Aberdeen’s competitive position in the business events area, leading the Aberdeen Convention & Events Bureau to bring an uplift in meetings and conventions held in the city; and secure greater coverage of North-East Scotland in domestic and inbound travel trade programmes, including cruise and golf.
Key responsibilities include:
- Business Event Promotion
- Creating and managing destination awareness activity aimed at targeted business audiences, nationally and internationally
- Determining destination marketing material requirements and working with VisitAberdeenshire colleagues to deliver social media campaigns and PR as required
- Research and Bid Delivery
- Working in close partnership with P&J Live on bid development activities
- Overseeing proactive bid options outside of the P&J Live research spectrum and supporting other venues across the region
- Leading the Aberdeen Ambassador Programme with academic institutions and industry leaders
- Producing and leading competitive bid documents for the destination
- Working with Aberdeen City and Shire Hotels Association and venues to secure room allocations for prioritised conference and event bids
- Managing the VisitAberdeenshire support service offered to all conference organisers
- Intermediary Marketing (Travel Trade)
- Developing and delivering VisitAberdeenshire’s strategy to market tourism businesses across the region to to intermediary buyers
- Working closely with the consumer marketing team to align B2B activity with B2C campaigns
- Overseeing activity targeting specialist intermediary buyers in the Cruise and Golf sectors
- Working closely with the Tourism Development team to develop trade ready products and experiences.
- Line Management & Budget Responsibility
- Leading, managing and supporting the Business Development team, ensuring that objectives are set, monitored and delivered upon
- Developing and delivering a clear action plan and budget in line with agreed priority themes and operating environment
- Working with the CEO to agree targets for outputs and outcomes from VisitAberdeenshire’s work, and evaluating and reporting on the impact of activity
- Overall responsibility and accountability for departmental budgets and supplier contracts
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Knowledge of tourism supplier environment
- Ability to confidently engage with businesses at high levels
- Demonstrable team leadership and management skills
- Demonstrable experience of budget management
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to confidently present in public
- Ability to manage a broad portfolio of projects
- Ability to draft concise and informative reports with excellent attention to detail
- Experience of working with a range of businesses across the toursim and hospitality sector in a business development role
- Partnership working with both public and private sector
- Experience of developing strategies
- Ability to work out-of-office hours and spend time away from home as required
- Ability to travel throughout the region and abroad
How to apply: Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter (no more than one page of A4) to Fiona Douglas at [email protected].
About VisitAberdeenshire: VisitAberdeenshire is the recognised destination management organisation and lead body for tourism serving Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire. Its primary purpose is to deliver the tourism strategy for the area and its remit embraces both destination marketing and destination development. VisitAberdeenshire’s ultimate goal is to lift the economic impact of tourism in the region.