The City of London Corporation are seeking a Head of Promotion to play a pivotal role in delivering ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
You will be an exceptional individual, able to lead and inspire our content and welcome teams to deliver a compelling marketing proposition that drives footfall and spend against a bold set of targets.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research, create, agree, develop and deliver a marketing and communications strategy in support of the Destination City and the assets and programmes within the remit of the Destination Team
- Monitor and evaluate the strategy’s delivery and that of all campaigns undertaken to provide audience insights and data-based performance monitoring
- Manage marketing/audience elements of and contribute data to the Destination dashboard
- Manage and report data/findings to the Destination Director, City Envoy Network and senior officers and members
- Lead on the creation of campaigns, marketing programmes, experiences and promotions that deliver against destination ambitions
- Work with the Destination Director and the media team to maximise positive coverage for the City’s destination offer in London, national and international media
- Develop and maintain the Destination Digital Hub
- Manage all elements of the content creation, curation and distribution
- Work closely with the Programme Curator and Head of Offer
- Work with the Head of Gallery/Amphitheatre to promote the Guildhall Art Gallery and London Roman’s Amphitheatre
- Lead the City’s relationship with London and Partners (tourism), VisitEngland, VisitBritain, AVLA and other agencies
- Identify prospective partners and develop proposals for strategic alliances
- Manage the marketing budget, identify and deliver income and in-kind support against a targeted figure to supplement resources
Key skills & experience:
- Educated to postgraduate level or equivalent in an appropriate field relating to marketing, preferably in a touristic context, or has equivalent experience
- Extensive experience of leading marketing and promotions for a complex organisation
- Significant experience working at management level with budgetary, HR and systems accountabilities
- A demonstrable track record of managing and delivering multi-faceted PR and marketing campaigns in a touristic experience
- Experience of building new audiences for cultural products across the diversity spectrum
- Specialist and extensive knowledge of the cultural and tourism industries with particular expertise in destination marketing and cultural product development
- Comprehensive and current understanding of London and national tourism agendas
How to apply: please click here to apply online by 17 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.