The City of London Corporation works at the heart of the world’s leading financial and business centre, an area that also celebrates an unrivalled 2,000 years of history, attracting millions of visitors each year.
They are seeking a Major Events Officer to play a vital supporting role in delivering ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
You will be an exceptional individual able to produce major outdoor events of scale that are bold, popular, inclusive, sustainable and truly stand out in the national calendar.
Supporting the Events Manager, the successful candidate will deliver a compelling proposition to defined audience groups, inviting them to share in the City’s unique treasures and providing them with memorable experiences that are immediately “instagrammable” and build on the City’s reputation as a place where great events take place.
Key responsibilities include:
- Undertake planning, coordination, production and stakeholder-relations duties for the major events programme.
- Manage internal approval processes, including required applications to Highways, Environmental Health, City Surveyor’s and Remembrancer’s Team.
- Coordinate production logistics, including infrastructure, power, cleansing and security.
- Support the Events Manager by ensuring compliance across licensing, health and safety and other areas; creating, collecting and processing relevant event documents supported by the role (e.g. risk assessment and method statements, public liability insurance certification etc).
- Support the Events Manager to programme and schedule major event content contributing ideas, assessing timings in relation to the proposed calendar, and advising on logistics.
- Attend all events designed to the role and assume an event/stage manager function as appropriate, responding to any issues as they arise during the event (deferring to the Events Manager as necessary).
- Liaise with internal City departments to ensure all relevant teams are aware of the events programme.
- Support the Events Manager with programme research and by creative
contributions that help shape the Major Events Programme.
Key skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level (or with equivalent experience) in an appropriate field relating to events management, culture or a related discipline.
- Project management qualification or significant experience of managing event-based projects, ideally (but not essentially) within a cultural or tourism context.
- Training (or good level of experience) across compliance, to include licensing, health and safety, crowd management and/or traffic management.
- Experience of managing cultural events, ideally in an outdoor context.
- Experience of on-boarding audiences at events and good customer management skills.
- Experience of co-ordinating the input of partners and suppliers.
Please click here to view the full job description >>
How to apply: please click here to apply by 30 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.