Markshall Estate is seeking a Membership Coordinator to join their team to support the Marketing and Communications and Visitor Operations Team on promoting and delivering a fresh approach to support the charity through membership. The Membership Coordinator will build on the success of the existing membership scheme, overseeing a review of its structure, benefits and presentation. The membership scheme is a substantial source of regular and gift aid income for the charity, its potential for growth is widely recognised, and the postholder will achieve annual membership targets and KPIs whilst delivering against the membership sales strategy.
Key activities include:
- Overseeing the evolution of the existing membership scheme and membership journey, developing a full understanding of the operations of the current scheme and its limitations
- Fostering a positive working relationship with the membership ticketing system provider, communicating with them directly on any updates, support and troubleshooting issues
- Supporting the Marketing and Communications team on the promotion and advertising of the scheme to local communities and regional audiences.
- Aspiring to promote the scheme at a national level in the near future
- Monitoring stock levels of membership scheme administration resources, reordering stock as necessary
- Maintaining the membership database, ensure the high quality of data held
- Driving an annual increase in membership sales (working to targets), whilst maintaining the continued support and engagement with current members
- Leading and delivering effective training to Visitor Operations team in membership sales and onboarding
- Promoting and processing direct sale of memberships on-site at Markshall Estate and at external events
- Demonstrating innovation and creativity in identifying and developing profitable commercial opportunities for membership scheme growth
- Working with the Marketing assistant to collate and schedule regular member updates and following a clear process for emergency communication with members
- Working with the Marketing and Communications Manager to undertake annual member surveys and presenting findings
The ideal candidate will:
- Be highly organised, commercially minded professional with 1 – 3 years’ experience in membership scheme management or a similar role
- Have a keen eye for data, be financially astute, and deliver excellent customer service
- Be a self-starter and a team player with lots of energy and have a positive outlook
- Possesses the ability to communicate professionally and effectively in English, both orally and in writing to ensure good working relationships with colleagues and members where information is shared clearly and easily
- Have excellent IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office, Excel at an advanced level
- Have a good understanding of ticketing systems
- Have excellent attention to detail
- Possesses good leadership, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to motivate, manage and inspire a sales team
- Have an interest in environmental awareness, public engagement, and education
- Possess a full driving license and use of own vehicle is essential (due to the rural location of Markshall Estate)
- Be commercially astute, entrepreneurial, proven capacity to work innovatively and independently
- Have the ability to work under pressure, proactively managing competing priorities and delivering at pace
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your application (two pages maximum) explaining how your experience fits the job description and person specification, and a copy of your current CV to [email protected], Nanette Gaskell, HR Manager by 5pm Monday 28th June.
Your application must include the names and contact details of two referees, one of which must be your most recent employer. We will not contact your referees until an offer has been made and accepted.
Interviews will take place at Markshall Estate week beginning Monday 5th July.
The successful applicant must provide evidence of their right to work in the UK. Markshall Estate is an equal opportunities employer. We celebrate and value diversity. All recruitment decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.