Shakespeare’s Globe is seeking a Membership Officer to join their Development team. The ideal candidate will play a key supportive role in the raising of funds from individuals via the Globe’s Membership schemes and will be working closely with the Patrons Manager. Other responsibilities include recruitment, retention and stewardship of members, processing of payments and events management.
This role is offered full-time or part-time with annualised hours and we are happy to discuss flexible working as part of this. Please note that because of the nature of the role, some evening and weekend hours will be required and this role cannot be worked from home (under usual circumstances).
The successful candidate will have experience of using a CRM system (such as Tessitura) in a development or marketing department and will have previously stewarded customers, donors or members in a not-for-profit, charity or arts environment. They will be able to prioritise, maintain accuracy and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment, utilizing their excellent planning, administration and organisational skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Processing Membership requests and renewals
- Being the first point of contact for the Membership Office of Shakespeare’s Globe, managing the membership (friend) inbox, answering telephone queries and liaising with Members at events
- Proactively developing and delivering acquisition and upselling campaigns
- Creating and maintaining Membership renewal and welcome communications, working with the Ticketing and Sales Team to ensure all communication is updated regularly
- Managing and processing regular Gift Aid claims for Membership, maximising income and ensuring compliance with HMRC Gift Aid regulations
- Assisting in managing the way in which the department is represented across our digital platforms, including regularly updating the digital Members Room
- Supporting and attending Development department events as required
- Any other duties as required and commensurate with the role
The ideal candidate will:
- Have Demonstrable experience and knowledge of membership schemes and fundraising
- Have experience using a CRM system (such as Tessitura) in a Development or Marketing
- Demonstrate effective planning, administration and MS Office skills, with the proven ability to prioritise
- Have experience using email software (such as Wordfly)
- Have proven experience of managing Direct Debits and other financial processes
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a well-developed sense of tact and diplomacy with the ability to deal calmly with difficult conversations
- Prior experience of stewarding customers, donors or members in a not-for profit, charity or arts environment
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of membership schemes and fundraising principles
- Proven experience of working effectively as part of a team and being a supportive team
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the job application form at the link above and return your completed application to [email protected] by midnight, Sunday 31st January 2021.
About Shakespeare’s Globe: We celebrate Shakespeare’s transformative impact on the world by conducting a radical theatrical experiment. Inspired and informed by the unique historic playing conditions of two beautiful iconic theatres, our diverse programme of work harnesses the power of performance, cultivates intellectual curiosity and excites learning to make Shakespeare accessible for all. Find out more at shakespearesglobe.com