The All England Lawn Tennis Club is seeking a Museum & Tours Experience Manager to join their Heritage team at Wimbledon. The role will deliver the Heritage team’s vision of outstanding guest experience by managing all areas of the daily public visitor operations including during The Championships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Planning and implementing public visit operations to align with strategic objectives; increasing visitation and revenue to agreed timescales and budgets
- Working with the Guest Services Manager to ensure that all guest focussed initiatives are appropriate for both year-round and Championships operations
- Monitoring service level standards and benchmark performance against relevant comparators, implementing training programmes and leading on service improvements
- Providing strategic advice and consultative input to guest-facing systems development and acting as department lead on GDPR
- Leading and managing guest-facing teams to ensure consistent standards of customer service and efficient working practices within the Museum Experience Team, Guides and Learning Delivery team.
- Overseeing all aspects of the presentation of public entry areas and tour routes to ensure that staff, services and facilities are consistently of the highest standard.
- Leading the coordination and communication of operational matters, liaising with all relevant teams such as Club, Security, Estate, Commercial, F&D.
- Chairing the team’s Audience Development Group (ADG)
- Motivating and leading your team and ensure that they are empowered to succeed in their areas of responsibility. Working with them to set stretching objectives and supporting their professional development, ensuring that company values are upheld across the team.
- Ensuring all team members follow AELTC regulations on safeguarding young people, customer care and equal opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Proven track record of managing successful operations and leading guest focussed teams
- Excellent organisational, project management and financial skills
- Ability to problem solve, prioritise and deliver results within tight deadlines
- Excellent understanding of current best-practice in guest experience
- Ability to learn and digest information quickly
- Experience of database management including public-facing systems
- Excellent communicator with experience of engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to inspire and drive excellent performance and ensure the team upholds company values
- Very good standard of written and spoken English
How to apply: Please click here to apply online.
About The All England Lawn Tennis Club: Founded in 1868, The All England Lawn Tennis Club (AELTC) is a private members’ club which organises and stages The Championships, Wimbledon. In December 2019, it acquired land adjacent to its current site and intends to incorporate this natural, historic landscape into its future plans.
The Heritage team is responsible for welcoming the public year-round, to visit both the award-winning Wimbledon Lawn Tennis Museum and tour the Grounds including the main show courts. We provide visitors with a range of enjoyable, informative and educational experiences, that support our goals as a guardian of the game’s history, keeping AELTC at the pinnacle of the sport.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and passionate individual to assist our team in inspiring opportunities for enjoyment and learning with all our audiences, ensuring accessibility, inclusivity and diversity of engagement.