The City of London Corporation are seeking a Revenues and Grants Officer to play a vital supporting role to the Business Manager (Culture) and the delivery of ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
The successful candidate will have a talent spotting innovative opportunities for income generation in support of the organisations’ programmes, able to identify funding prospects and to help maximise value from commercial operations. S/he will also provide day-to-day budget monitoring and performance evaluation as well as manage procurement and invoicing processes for the wider team. The delivery of hospitality for sponsors and supporters is a significant duty delivered by this post.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish an understanding of funding targets and needs across the team and identify relevant opportunities.
- Scope, write and present first drafts of all funding proposals for the team across grants as well as corporate sponsorship opportunities.
- Submit and monitor progress of applications, seeking and submitting additional support materials as required.
- Establish, monitor and update a CRM of potential sponsors for use by the wider team.
- Be the first person of contact for all funders, fielding enquiries and cultivating relationships as appropriate.
- Manage hospitality for sponsors at events and receptions as appropriate.
- Identify new and viable commercial income streams for the team across all services.
- Develop business propositions in relation to these and secure providers, working with the Business Manager (Culture) to draw up contracts for supply.
- Invoice for services provided and ensure timely setting of accounts.
- Provide day-to-day management of the tendering/rendering process for new contracts.
- Undertake day-to-day monitoring of Destination Team budgets, providing regular reporting to Heads of Service and the Chamberlain.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested appropriate for the grade.
Key skills & experience:
- Educated to degree level (or with equivalent experience) in an appropriate field relating to culture, place-making or tourism.
- Wide-ranging knowledge of the local and national cultural and tourism industries with expertise in funding and business development.
- Appropriate fundraising experience with a proven track record of securing income from a wide range of relevant funding sources, particularly corporate sources.
- Demonstrable experience of developing donor relationships with individual and corporate major donors, with working knowledge of donor and supporter contract management.
- Experience of identifying and maintaining external relationships with relevant funding bodies and developing relationships with a range of funders.
- Experience of working in a sales-driven organisation, ideally within a broad range of business activities.
- High level written communication skills supported by experience of writing complex reports.
How to apply: please click here to apply by 27 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.