- Location: Oxford
- Salary: Up to £22,000 per annum pro rata DOE
- Contract: Part time: 20-25 hours per week
Experience Oxfordshire is seeking a Sales Executive to drive sales of Oxford Official Walking Tours (OOWT) through existing affiliate partners and by developing a network of local sales outlets in the Oxford area. There are additional sales channels through OTAs, group travel organisers and tour operators which need to be managed and developed.
The organisation are looking for an ambitious, hard-working and confident individual who can recognise and respond to opportunities that are both directly and indirectly beneficial to the company.
The role requires a significant percentage of time in the field as well as administrative duties in the office, so the successful candidate will need to be well organised and an effective communicator. As an externally facing resource the role will also assist in and improve relationships with the University Colleges, particularly those used by OOWT guides. There will be a requirement to act as an additional resource for the administration of tour bookings on behalf and in support of the Tours Team Leader as required, as well as some remote operational support for tour guides at weekends.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering sustainable growth of the affiliate sales network of Experience Oxfordshire through the development and implementation of an integrated strategy
- Ensuring benefits offered and services delivered are fit for purpose and at the right level, reviewing these on a regular basis
- Managing and maintaining all existing and potential affiliates on the company CRM database, ensuring key communications and service records are kept up-to-date and available to all staff
- Providing advice to individual organisations on the most appropriate ways to engage with Oxford Official Walking Tours to suit their needs and requirements
- Introducing potential new full partners for Experience Oxfordshire to the Partnership Development Manager
- Assisting as appropriate on the delivery of Experience Oxfordshire events as required
- Monitoring affiliate income, ensuring targets are met and exceeded
- Working with directors and staff to support the development and delivery of Experience Oxfordshire’s corporate strategy
- Working closely with the finance team to ensure that commission statements are raised and payment monitored
- To support all elements of administration where required
- To carry out all duties in line with Equal Opportunities policies in operation
- To undertake any such duties commensurate with the post as may be required
How to apply: Please email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to [email protected]. CVs received without a covering letter will not be considered.
About Experience Oxfordshire: Experience Oxfordshire is the Destination Management Organisation (DMO) for the county and trading arm of the parent company Experience Oxfordshire Charitable Trust. We are the lead organisation for promoting and developing leisure, business, and cultural tourism in Oxfordshire. Operating to not-for-profit principles, Experience Oxfordshire is a partnership organisation, actively engaged on a local, national, and international level to grow the visitor economy.