Historic Royal Palaces are looking to hire a sales executive (groups and travel trade) to primarily work at the HM Tower of London. Your role will also include visiting other Historic Royal Palaces’ sites regularly, and some domestic and potential overseas travel for client meetings and exhibitions. As part of the communications & development department sales team, you will contribute to visitor and revenue targets across all six palaces focusing on travel trade partnerships for growth. You will be responsible for a number of key accounts as well as sourcing new business and will contribute to achieving the sales team’s overall objectives and Historic Royal Palaces’ AOP targets. Assisting the sales manager and head of sales, you will play a key role in the design and implementation of the b2b marketing strategy, taking in traditional advertising, online partnership and promotional opportunities as well as b2b social media channels where appropriate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Account-manage allocated key accounts to grow visitor numbers and revenue across all properties.
- Be pro-active in sourcing new channels and customers to grow visitors and revenue to all properties.
- Work with b2b sales executive to recruit key accounts and new customers to our b2b online booking portal.
- Develop and co-ordinate e-communications through the wired contact database and report on outcomes of all digital activities.
- Develop reporting functionality through wired contact database sales system to inform performance and target growth for sales team.
- Working with the sales team, agree a media communications plan for b2b channels and implement plan, within budget.
- Co-ordinate development of creative materials with designers and the sales team to ensure deadlines are met for advertising opportunities – co-ordinate with marketing when appropriate.
- Liaise with sales executive on press release stories to build media plan around new exhibitions and events for the b2b channels and market sectors.
- Be responsible for administration of own role through the Wired Contact, EFIN and BOS systems when necessary.
It is essential that you understand sales and distribution methods used in the tourism industry and online sector, and that you are a strong communicator, with a creative flair to work across an ever changing environment. The ability to build relationships and influence people will also be to your advantage. With this knowledge, plus your sales, marketing and negotiation skills, you will assist the sales manager and head of sales in growing visitors, revenue and yield through admissions to Historic Royal Palaces. You will need to be proficient in using systems, inputting and reporting on data and reconciling budgets. You will also need to be well organised, with highly developed administration and planning skills, as well as a team player with strong influencing skills.
How to apply or access more information about this role:
About the company:
Historic Royal Palaces, the independent charity responsible for the Tower of London, Hampton Court Palace, the Banqueting House – Whitehall, Kensington Palace, Kew Palace and Hillsborough Castle, impresses sightseers in their millions every year. Increasing visitor numbers and revenue is a key priority to ensuring the preservation of these historic buildings and the stories within them for generations to come.