The City of London Corporation works at the heart of the world’s leading financial and business centre, an area that also celebrates an unrivalled 2,000 years of history, attracting millions of visitors each year.
They are seeking two talented individuals to help deliver ambitious new plans to develop the City as a world-leading destination for all, with a holistic business-leisure offer that takes its full place on the global stage.
- Welcome visitors to the CIC/GAGS and respond to face-to-face, telephone and email/website enquiries as required.
- Promote the City of London and its visitor attractions and facilities to the public and other organisations, driving visitor spend.
- Manage leaflet stocks and display to an agreed strategy, taking delivery of brochures, merchandise and other items, and checking and storing stocks appropriately.
- Manage shop displays and be responsible for the accuracy and relevance of information provided to visitors by all staff.
- Manage, collate and provide periodic and accurate statistical information, including visitor survey data relating to enquiries, footfall and sales data.
- Undertake and provide in-house training for permanent and casual staff, and volunteers, where relevant.
- Actively promote excellent information gathering and dissemination.
- Maintain good relationships with City and London attractions, external partners, other tourism-related organisations and the City Guides.
Key skills & experience:
- NVQ Diploma in Customer Service Level 3 or equivalent, or equivalent skills, knowledge and experience in a customer-facing role at this level.
- Experience in working in a customer-facing environment, ideally tourism-related, able to deal with a wide range of visitor requirements.
- Confident in working in a pressurised environment and able to deal with difficult customers and situations.
- A good level of commercial business acumen, acquired in a similar tourism industry environment.
- Experience of copywriting for social media and websites.
- Experience of supervising staff and volunteers.
- Excellent written and spoken English, and fluency in at least one other language.
How to apply: please click here to apply by 30 June.
About City of London: The City of London Corporation is the governing body of the Square Mile dedicated to a vibrant and thriving City, supporting a diverse and sustainable London within a globally-successful UK.