The Abbey Group is seeking a German speaking Senior Customer Care Executive to join their Edinburgh office. As part of the Customer Care team, the Senior Customer Care Executive will play a key role in the German-speaking department. The individual must have extensive experience of UK customer care in the DMC environment with a thorough knowledge of the UK Group product offering. Fluency in written and spoken English and German is essential, along with a proven record of accomplishment in caring for international customers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Account handling/customer services for Abbey Ireland & UK predominantly, but not exclusively, for the German speaking markets
- Ensuring client group operations requirements for the department operates smoothly and in a timely manner
- Full utilisation of the Touplan NX system to generate client and supplier communications, ensuring that the confirmed proposal is accurately reflected in Tourplan
- Developing relationships with overseas clients
- Quoting for ad hoc group and series business as and when required
- Meeting/visiting clients as appropriate and when required
- Attending trade shows as appropriate and when required
- Working on itinerary optimisation marketing activities and improving online appearance
- Operating the department’s 24-hour emergency phone numbers on a rotational basis, shared with other customer care staff members
- Covering support in any of the groups and training departments if the need arises
- Training students or interns in the German department ahead of the operating season
- Any other duties including, but not limited to contracting, accommodation services, processing FIT bookings.
Experience and essential requirements:
- Good computer literacy, especially Microsoft Office. Tourplan NX knowledge is a distinct advantage
- Essential – good communicator, good organisational and problem solving skills
- Essential – high commercial awareness and optimisation knowledge
- Essential – team player able to work in busy environment
- Essential – fluency in written and spoken German, English. Other European languages are an advantage
- Desirable – good knowledge of UK-wide tourism industry products
- Desirable – good negotiation skills
How to apply: Please send your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected] by 12 November 2021.
About Abbey Ireland & UK: Headquartered in the heart of historic Dublin, the Abbey Group is one of Ireland’s longest established and best known incoming tour operators. The Group was founded in 1978 when Abbey Ireland was launched. Today, the group consists of Abbey Ireland & UK, Abbey Conference and Events, and Moloney & Kelly Ireland & UK with offices in Dublin and Edinburgh. With overseas representatives in ten key markets, the Abbey Group is an internationally recognised inbound B2B specialist for Group and FIT travel, Conferences and Events.