White Cliffs Country, the official tourism organisation for Dover, Deal and Sandwich, is recruiting a creative, motivated and results-focused Strategic Place, Tourism & Town Centre Manager to join the Investment, Growth & Tourism team.
The role will actively manage, co-ordinate, support and participate in the delivery of strategy, as well as current and emerging place, tourism and town centre-focused projects, plans, developments and opportunities for economic, physical, heritage, social and cultural growth in Dover District for the benefit of residents, businesses and visitors.
The post-holder will also assist in productive place-focused collaboration, strategy generation, bid writing and working with local, county, regional, national and international stakeholders, as well as other Council Departments, to maintain and progress strategic place, tourism and town centre developments to maximise all related opportunities and ensure successful outcomes.
This exciting and challenging key role will assist and provide management, support, liaison, co-ordination and delivery of:
- Related Strategy, Planning, Development, Operations and Implementation
- Place, Tourism and Town Centre focused projects
- Ambassador for White Cliffs Country (Dover District Council)
- Management, Supervision, Training and Staff Development
- Industry support and liaison
- Related analysis and reporting duties
The ideal candidate will:
- Have proven management experience, successfully working in a strategic place and/or tourism delivery-focused related field.
- Be a team leader, as well as an effective and productive team-player, well versed in a variety of tasks and confident in working closely with a variety of internal and external parties, partners and stakeholders.
- Have the confidence to implement solutions and to challenge traditional thinking.
- Hold relevant qualifications.
- Have excellent interpersonal, organisational, written and communications skills
This is an exciting time to join the Investment, Growth & Tourism Team of Dover District Council as the organisation delivers on an ambitious Corporate Plan, Tourism & Visitor Economy Strategy and Heritage Strategy, and fulfil a supportive role in helping to promote and develop Dover District as a ‘Great Place to Live, Work, Visit, Learn and Invest.’
Following hosting The 149th Open in July 2021, November saw Dover District also recognised (as a central part of ‘Kent’s Heritage Coast’) by the Lonely Planet Guide’s ‘Best in Travel 2022’ as one of the top 10 regions in the world to visit, while the Council is also developing a new Local Plan, Economic Growth Strategy and Place Plan, which will shape the future development of the district’s towns, villages and rural areas between now and 2040. Investment, Growth and Tourism is embedded within all of Dover District Council’s plans.
About White Cliffs Country: White Cliffs Country is the official brand and tourism organisation for Dover, Deal and Sandwich. Home to the famous White Cliffs of Dover, the district is within easy reach of London and the continent and has amazing history and heritage, unspoilt coastlines and fabulous rolling countryside. With The Open set to return in 2021 to Royal St George’s Golf Club in Sandwich, we have top rated, championship courses right by the coast. We work with industry partners to promote the districts appeal and our experienced team can offer itinerary planning, along with support and inspiration on where to visit in the area.