Visit Gloucester – Gloucester City Council is seeking a Tourism and Destination Digital Marketing Executive to join their Tourism and Destination team. The ideal candidate will play a key supportive role in delivering the tourism marketing strategy, supporting destination partners and businesses by curating content and presenting it, in an engaging, timely and compelling way, consistent with the brand narrative of the City.
The successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of SEO and experience of using a CMS. You will be able to create exemplary engaging copy for a range of audiences. To be considered we’ll need you to have a proven track record of delivering successful digital marketing activity, with a clear understanding of how to develop and improve on our digital marketing channels.
Key responsibilities include:
- Promoting the City of Gloucester as an attractive place to visit and location for inward investment and economic growth
- Working creatively, innovatively, commercially and constructively to support, develop and deliver the Council’s Destination Marketing plans
- Identifying new trends in social media and ways in which Gloucester can maximise these opportunities to enhance the marketing strategy
- Supporting the delivery of the Visitor Economy Strategy
- Engaging with our partner organisation to collect and distribute content for the city
- Updating and producing social media activity and networks to promote content to as many people as possible
- Championing the principles of asset-based community development and ensure that they are embedded within the service area
- Updating website and associated sites, keeping content fresh and relevant and using all available media – video, photographic, audio etc
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience and knowledge of managing a range of high profile digital media channels
- Have experience of supporting the delivery of successful marketing campaigns across multiple platforms and media
- Have experience of supporting the delivery of projects ideally within a digital/marketing context
- Possess a positive attitude to change and ability to identify, create, design and implement new opportunities
- Possess a CIM Marketing qualification at Level 3 or equivalent experience relevant to the remit of the post
- Have an understanding of the marketing mix and different approaches to audience segmentation
- Have the ability to work alongside colleagues in the effective delivery of plans, projects and programmes as well as independently
- Demonstrable excellent communication, networking, diplomacy and advocacy skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the job description at the link above and apply for the role through the website by midnight, Friday 5th February 2021. For an informal discussion, please contact Rebecca Clay by email [email protected] or by telephone 01452 396975.
About Visit Gloucester – Gloucester City Council: Visit the City of Gloucester – The cathedral city of the Cotswolds, Gloucester has its roots stretching back to Roman times and has continued to be an important English city, boasting over 2,000 years of history. The country’s most inland port, the city has seen unprecedented regeneration in the last decade, most visibly at the city’s historic docks.