Visit Gloucester – Gloucester City Council is seeking a Tourism and Destination Senior Marketing Officer to join their Tourism and Destination team. The ideal candidate will play a key supportive role in assisting with the creation and delivery of the Tourism and Destination Marketing Plan. Also, developing and supporting partnerships across Gloucester and beyond with relevant organisations (e.g. Visit Britain and other Destination Marketing Organisations) to create and execute creative marketing campaigns across the city.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of delivering successful marketing campaigns. Possess knowledge of a wide range of tourism marketing techniques and concepts. Project management skills are essential, and the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and to a high standard.
Key responsibilities include:
- Developing networks that enable the gathering of positive content about Gloucester as a city
- Working creatively, innovatively, commercially and constructively to support, develop and deliver the Council’s Destination Marketing plans with the commitment and co-operation from partners and external stakeholders
- Overseeing external contacts and provide briefs for videography and photography for social media and website marketing initiatives
- Managing the Visit Gloucester website, and associated sites, keeping content fresh and relevant and using all available media – video, photographic, audio etc
- Managing social media activity and networks to promote positive content to as many people as possible
- Supporting the development of entrepreneurial and commercial opportunities to generate income, reduce expenditure and deliver financially sustainable services.
- Championing the principles of asset-based community development and ensure that they are embedded within the service area
- Understanding and managing risk within area of responsibility
The ideal candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience and knowledge of the impact of marketing plans, projects and campaigns
- Have experience delivering successful marketing activity across multiple platforms and media
- Demonstrate effective project planning ideally within a digital/marketing context
- Possess good customer services by listening and raising awareness of what the company do
- Possess a graduate-level qualification or equivalent experience relevant to the remit of the post
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including a well-developed sense of tact and diplomacy with the ability to deal calmly with difficult conversations
- Prior experience of working alongside colleagues in the effective development and delivery of plans, projects and programmes
- Demonstrable experience and knowledge of visitor and tourism sector and market trends
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION.
HOW TO APPLY
Please download the job description at the link above and apply for the role through the website by midnight, Sunday 31st January 2021. For an informal discussion, please contact Rebecca Clay by email [email protected] or by telephone 01452 396975.
About Visit Gloucester – Gloucester City Council: Visit the City of Gloucester – The cathedral city of the Cotswolds, Gloucester has its roots stretching back to Roman times and has continued to be an important English city, boasting over 2,000 years of history. The country’s most inland port, the city has seen unprecedented regeneration in the last decade, most visibly at the city’s historic docks.