The Royal Air Force Museum is looking to recruit a Travel Trade and Museum Events Executive. The candidate will play an important role in delivering and ensuring that the Royal Air Force’s story continues to enrich and inspire current and future generations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading the development of our travel trade and group business, ensuring our offer is aligned with our key audience groups both at home and abroad.
- Performing a lead sales role to the travel trade. This will include working closely with the Communications and Marketing teams on the development of marketing plans to the travel trade, attending exhibitions and leading FAM visits where appropriate.
- Acting as a key strategic account manager for our key partners in the Travel Trade, ensuring they are managed actively and effectively.
- Working closely with the Customer Service team to ensure that all booking processes for groups and member events are managed effectively.
- Acting as a key travel trade stakeholder at selected internal and external groups, including selected industry bodies such as ALVA and the Museums Association.
- Working closely with other departments to deliver museum-wide programmes and objectives.
- Building and maintaining partnerships with relevant external contacts and stakeholders.
- Working to reduce operational costs and maximising resources whilst maintaining standards of products and services.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a good understanding of GDPR and data compliance.
- Have experience of database management or CRM.
- Have strong organisational skills, with the ability to manage complex events.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be able to communicate with a variety of people in a friendly, confident manner and to work well as part of a team.
- Possess the ability to be resourceful and flexible in response to challenges.
- Possess a positive attitude; someone who is keen to learn and suggest ideas.
- Have a willingness to take on new opportunities and activities to expand experience, skills and expertise.
Please note that closing date for application is on 31 January 2020 and interviews will be taking place on 13 February 2020.
How to apply: To apply for the role, email your CV and covering letter, stating why you believe you are suitable for the role, to [email protected] with ‘Travel Trade & Museum Events Executive’ on the subject line.
About The Royal Air Force Museum: Our purpose is to tell the story of the Royal Air Force through its people and collections. The Museum occupies two public sites at Colindale in North London, and Cosford in Shropshire. Each site offers a unique experience to the visitor and the exhibits complement each other. Both Museums are free to enter and tell the fascinating story of the RAF and of the thousands of ordinary Servicemen and women who have served in the RAF and shaped our world.