VisitAberdeenshire is currently seeking a Travel Trade Executive, who will be responsible for promoting Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire to UK and international travel trade intermediaries to grow leisure business across the region.
- Develop and maintain relationships with targeted travel intermediaries in key markets.
- Proactively promote the range of bookable products and experiences in the region, and the support services offered by VisitAberdeenshire, to targeted buyers among the UK and International travel trade, including leisure, golf, cruise and incentives markets.
- Coordinate and represent VisitAberdeenshire at virtual and face to face trade events, exhibitions and workshops, to promote the region and maximise return on investment.
- Prepare and deliver effective familiarisation trips and events for targeted buyers to promote bookable products and experiences within the region.
- Maintain and update the VisitAberdeenshire Product Guide and other promotional assets.
- Create, distribute and monitor effectiveness of a monthly travel trade e-newsletter.
- Maintain and update the Travel Trade section of the VisitAberdeenshire website, and relevant social media channels.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the local area, businesses and travel trade products.
- Support and inform the development of new travel trade products by playing an active role in the planning and delivery of the VisitAberdeenshire Travel Trade Ready Programme.
- Develop productive relationships with VisitBritain and VisitScotland to help increase the profile of the region and travel trade ready businesses via their channels.
- Maximise key networks and industry memberships to develop strong relationships and partnerships.
- Identify opportunities to grow and develop successful partnership opportunities.
- Provide regular updates on sales activity, market insights and referrals made, to help monitor outcomes.
- Work with the Insights and Evaluation Manager to track activity and conversions on all sales activity to demonstrate the value of VisitAberdeenshire interventions.
- Maintain the CRM database to ensure all profiles and correspondence is updated.
- Prepare regular reports on activity against targets as requested by the Head of Tourism Development.
Key skills & experience:
- Knowledge of the travel trade industry.
- Strong sales and business development acumen.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills.
- Excellent networking skills.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Ability to draft concise and informative reports in line with organisational requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience.
- Experience of working in a sales environment, preferably within the travel and tourism industry.
- Experience of attending events and exhibitions.
- Experience of generating and converting new business opportunities.
- Client management experience and a track record of developing client relationships.
- Experience of organising and delivering events.
- Experience in the production and delivery of presentations.
- Ability to work collaboratively and on own initiative.
- Strongly motivated, reliable, and conscientious.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight timescales for delivery.
- Confident to propose solutions to Senior Team Members.
- Strategic and innovative thinker.
- Able to work out-of-office hours and spend time away from home as required.
- Able to travel across the region, UK and Europe as required.
Click here to view the full recruitment pack.
How to apply: please email your CV and covering letter (no more than 1 page of A4) to Fiona Douglas, HR & Business Services Manager at [email protected].