ABBA Voyage London is seeking a Travel Trade Manager to play a vital and integral role in the show’s London marketing campaign. Working as part of a dynamic and multi-skilled team, they will support the aims of the Communication Department utilising their specific skills, experience and passions to devise and deliver an integrated and detailed annual campaign to bring international audiences to Abba Voyage. Resilient and never afraid of a challenge, the Travel Trade Manager will be adept at partnering with both internal and external stakeholders to deliver campaigns against KPI’s which ensure that Abba Voyage is positioned as ‘the thing to do’ for anyone traveling to the UK and establishing the Abba Arena, London as a destination landmark.
- Working with the Consumer Revenue Director and the Head of Sales and Ticketing to develop, plan and deliver a successful always on tourism-focused sales strategy, working with third party partners, the Marketing and Communications team and the Sales and Ticketing team.
- To be responsible for delivering against sales targets and agreed KPI’s, utilising the international tourism budget across the year(s).
- Manage, negotiate and expand local and international partnerships, ensuring a strong travel trade presence that drives sales and ticket revenue.
- Work with B2B sales and distribution partners to execute tourism focused sales efforts, creating opportunities to target and increase new strategic business from the travel and tourism industry.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry partners, including but not limited to UKinbound, VisitBritain, London and Partners and all key trade and groups operators.
- Work with third party partners to identify, coordinate, schedule and attend international and domestic trade shows and represent Abba Voyage where required. Complete all related follow-up post show as required.
- Working with B2C specialist and partners in target international territories to develop and manage PR and sales campaigns.
- Report on sales progress, creating and maintaining relevant sales report, trends and opportunities.
- Working with the sales and ticketing team to set up, maintain and manage all API connections with suppliers.
- Communicate with the wider team, highlight new partners, promotions, and relevant activity, ensuring a collaborative and cohesive working environment.
- Create and implement a training programme for partners, staff and travel professionals to provide knowledge about the experience to be able to successfully sell Abba Voyage.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Marketing team to produce and distribute travel focused sales materials.
- Work with the sales and ticketing team and finance teams to ensure payments are paid on time and as contracted.
- Onboard, process and account manage tourism partners from prospecting and contract negotiation, to maximising their sales potential.
- Proactively build strong working relationships within internal and external departments, building relationships and integrating organisational processes.
Key skills & experience:
- Significant experience working within the leisure/arts/destination sector travel and tourism industry.
- Understanding of ticketing systems (ideally Nliven) and API connections.
- Highly organised, able to plan own and others time effectively.
- Commercially focused, with the ability to identify revenue streams, opportunities, and partners.
- Strong presenting, upselling, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable experience of relationships building across multiple business areas.
- Experience working in a customer focused environment and delivering high levels of guest experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent literacy and IT skills.
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stake holders.
- Experience in developing and setting up KPI’s and workflows.
How to apply: please send an up-to-date CV, along with a few paragraphs (no more than 500 words) outlining why the role interests you and what you will bring to ABBA Voyage, to [email protected].