Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London, with an estimated 615.5 million global followers.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
As a growing area of the business, Visitor Attractions are a huge part of the future of Tottenham Hotspur Stadium. The Travel Trade Manager will develop, negotiate, promote, and assist in the sale of Visitor Attractions tickets and the promotion of The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as an international visitor destination. With three leading attractions already in place, and more on the way, this is an exciting time to join this growing area of the business.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop, plan and deliver a successful always on tourism-focused sales strategy, working with third party partners, the Marketing team, Commercial Manager Attractions and Events & Head of Attractions and Events.
- To be responsible for delivering against sales targets and agreed KPI’s, delivering the trade sales budget across the year.
- Manage, negotiate and expand local and international partnerships, ensuring a strong travel trade presence that drives attractions ticket revenue.
- Work with B2B sales and distribution partners to execute tourism focused sales efforts, develop and drive revenue for FIT and group products, creating opportunities to target and increase new strategic business from the travel and tourism industry.
- Develop and deliver both short and long-term strategies for new attractions or products, playing an active role in any new attractions planning groups.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry partners, including but not limed to UKinbound, Visit Britain, ETOA and all key trade operators, groups, and education operators.
- Work with third party partners to identify, coordinate, schedule and attend international and domestic trade shows and represent Tottenham Hotspur Stadium where required. Complete all related follow-up post show as required.
- Report on sales progress, creating and maintaining relevant sales report, trends and opportunities.
- Take ownership of onboarding new attractions, work closely with the Senior VA Coordinator, the coordinator team and customer care team to ensure new suppliers are integrated well and the relevant teams understand sales channels and relationships.
- Manage and own all API connections with suppliers, working with relevant teams to set up and maintain.
- Proactively engage the VA Co-ordinator team, maintaining training on new partners, systems, and processes. Communicate with the wider team, highlight new partners, promotions, and relevant activity, ensuring a collaborative and cohesive working environment.
- Create and implement a training programme for travel professionals to provide knowledge about the experiences and relevant information to be able to successfully sell then.
- Work collaboratively with the Visitor Attractions Marketing team to produce and distribute trade focused sales materials.
- Work with the Visitor Attractions Marketing team and explore opportunities for tour operator/B2B sales and marketing promotions and activity.
- Work with the finance team to ensure payments are paid on time and as contracted.
- Onboard, process and account manage trade partners from prospecting and contract negotiation, to maximising their sales potential.
- Ensure the highest levels of cross club communication, aligning the needs of the attractions with the wider business activities.
- Represent the Visitor Attractions department at club wide meetings.
- Support in the development of new products by sharing feedback, requests, and leading on the customer journey aspects which support new products, such a loading products and customer communications.
- Draft customer and staff communications, working closely with customer care and marketing teams to sign off all customer facing communications.
- Proactively build strong working relationships within internal and external departments, building relationships and integrating organisational processes.
- Promote and embody the ‘Spurs Way’ culture and way of working.
Key skills & experience:
- 5+ years of working within the travel and tourism industry.
- Experience using ticketing systems, API portals / channel manager, financial systems, or equivalents.
- Highly organised, able to plan own and others time effectively.
- Commercially focused, with the ability to identify revenue streams, opportunities, and partners.
- Strong presenting, upselling, and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable experience of relationships building across multiple business areas.
- Experience working in a customer focused environment and delivering high levels of guest experience.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Excellent literacy and IT skills.
- Able to build and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stake holders.
- Experience in developing and setting up workflows and SOP’s.
How to apply: please click here to apply.
About Tottenham Hotspur Football Club: Home to Tottenham Hotspur, the multi-award-winning Tottenham Hotspur Stadium sets a new benchmark in stadium design; offering one of the finest spectator experiences anywhere in the world and recognised as London’s home of NFL thanks to a fully retractable pitch. Explore the inner sanctum of this incredible venue on an immersive Stadium Tour, or take to the skies on The Dare Skywalk: This adrenaline-pumped, 90-minute experience challenges adventure-seekers before testing your bravery at The Edge: an exhilarating 42m descent from the stadium roof. 3 incredible attractions, 1 world-class venue.