The Old Royal Naval College (ORNC) is looking to appoint several new Visitor Experience Assistants to join the Visitor Experience & Retail Team from 17 May 2021 when the Site reopens to visitors. New recruits will help the Old Royal Naval College to deliver exciting visitor offer and engage with visitors to meet ambitious visitor and sales targets. This role will also work closely with our onsite catering partner to ensure the visitor offer is seamless.ORNC are looking for pro-active and customer-focused individuals with excellent sales and interpretation skills, who are at ease working with the public.
Key activities include:
- Engaging with visitors and colleagues
- Proactively welcoming all visitors to the ORNC e.g. providing a warm and engaging welcome that provides information and guidance to enhance the visitor experience
- Actively encouraging donations from visitors
- Driving the commercial activity of the ORNC by selling tickets and retail products to customers, endeavouring to create a smooth and simple transaction for all visitors, and meeting revenue targets and KPIs.
- Supporting visitors to learn and engage with the site through a variety of methods including using the interactive interpretation tools
- Consistently providing a high level of customer care, taking time to understand individual needs, and maintaining an adequate level of training and knowledge to meet these needs
- Answering queries regarding bookings, events, offers and retail products
- Be responsible for the accepting of retail deliveries, checking and recording the receipt of items, and recording discrepancies when required
- Working with colleagues from other departments to support the effective promotion and smooth running of events, school programmes, and other public activities
- Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Manager
The ideal candidate will:
- Have prior experience working in a customer service and cash handling position in a visitor-serving cultural organisation (desirable)
- Have the ability to work effectively in small teams, building positive working relationships
- Possess excellent customer service skills, with an ability to communicate clearly and effectively over the phone, email and in-person
- Have an interest in tourism, history, architecture, art, or visitor experience (desirable)
- Possess great presentation skills
- Be proactive in taking new responsibilities and seeks out opportunities to learn new skills
- Be a logical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for the role, please send an up-to-date CV and attach a covering letter of no more than 2 pages, clearly outlining your suitability for the role to [email protected] by noon Tuesday 4 May 2021.
Old Royal Naval College: Steeped in over 500 years of history, the Old Royal Naval College is the centrepiece of the Maritime Greenwich UNESCO World Heritage Site. Discover seven hectares in Sir Christopher Wren’s riverside masterpiece and the Baroque splendour of the Painted Hall, then take a moment to reflect in a neoclassical Chapel. In 2020, the Old Royal Naval College was awarded ‘Large Visitor Attraction of the Year’ in the VisitEngland Tourism Awards. Tickets include entry to the Painted Hall, two expert-led tours, a multimedia guide in seven languages, and entry to the Victorian Skittle Alley.