UKinbound has announced its new board of directors, featuring prominent industry experts from across the UK’s tourism sphere.
Self-nominated and then voted for by the association’s membership, which comprises over 350 businesses, the 14 new board executives will take up their positions at UKinbound’s Annual General Meeting in February 2021 and will sit on the board for a three-year term.
The association’s chairman, and managing director of Cashel Travel, James Aitken, has also been re-elected and will serve a further term.
To ensure the entire membership is represented, the new board includes accommodation providers, attractions, destinations, service providers and tour operators/DMCs. Appointed members can sit on the board for two consecutive terms, if voted back in, and the new board therefore includes some familiar and new faces.
The incoming board members are:
- Chris Ball, business development director, glh Hotels
- Rachel Tooley, head of leisure sales, Jurys Inn Group
- Jennifer Cormack, sales and marketing director, Windermere Lake Cruises
- Diane Glover, marketing manager, The Beatles Story
- Luke Reilly, head of trade sales, The View from The Shard
- Kathryn Davis, head of tourism at Destination Bristol and interim CEO at Visit Bath
- Helen Peters, CEO, Shakespeare’s England
- Helena Beard, managing director, China Travel Outbound
- Kelly Strong, managing director, Strong Recruitment
- Rob Way, sales director, Think Travel
- Lana Bennett, CEO, Tours International
- Rebecca Brooks, managing director, Abbey Tours
- Andrew Guthrie, director of contracting and operations, JacTravel
- Alexis Peppis, regional manager – UK & Ireland, Tiqets
Joss Croft, CEO, UKinbound said “Our new board represents the breadth and depth of the UK’s inbound tourism industry and I look forward to welcoming the new and re-elected executives and chairman in February next year. 2021 represents both challenges and opportunities for our industry, and I am confident that together we will continue the efficient running of the association, on behalf of our members.
“I would like to thank the outgoing board for all their hard work and commitment to UKinbound, especially during 2020 which has been a very challenging year for all.”