UKinbound Sustainability Policy
UKinbound is a trade association with nearly 400 members across the travel trade. We represent the interests of the UK’s inbound tourism sector, ensure it is recognised as a key economic and employment driver in the UK, and help our members to grow their businesses.
Concern for the environment and promoting a broader sustainability agenda are a key part of UKinbound’s professional activities and the management of the organisation. We aim to follow and champion good sustainability practices, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities and to help our members to do the same by:
- Complying with all applicable sustainability legislation, regulations, and codes of practice.
- Integrating sustainability into our business considerations and practices.
- Encouraging our members to integrate sustainability into their business considerations, decisions and practices.
- Engaging with third parties such as suppliers, venues, and partners to think about their sustainability practices, educating them on our policy and encouraging them to align their operating practices accordingly.
- Ensuring all staff are fully aware of our sustainability policy and are committed to implementing and improving it.
- Promoting waste minimisation, re-use, recovery, and recycling, as appropriate.
- Adopting energy efficiency measures and promoting efficient energy use in all areas of business activity.
- Managing and minimising the impact our office and transport activities have upon the environment.
- Striving to continually improve our sustainability performance.
Specific actions that will be monitored and measured can be viewed in our action plan.