Shakespeare’s England is currently seeking a Business Development Manager to take the lead on recruiting new Business Tourism and Leisure Tourism members to Shakespeare’s England. Clearly identifying the benefits received from being part of the Destination Management Organisation.
The Business Development Manager is expected to hit quarterly recruitment targets and provide monthly update reports. Also being responsible for retaining the existing membership, providing Key Account Management services and ensuring all members maximise their membership opportunities. Including but not limited to signing them up to the Explorer Pass by Shakespeare’s England; Stay, Play, Explore-Warwickshire; the Shakespeare’s England closed user Facebook Group and TXGB.
This is a brand new role for Shakespeare’s England and it is an ideal opportunity for a self-motivated and driven individual to help shape, grow and future-proof this membership organisation by seeking out new commercial/partnership opportunities and identifying ways that members can work more collaboratively for the benefit of all. The Business Development Manager will be also responsible for the development and implementation of a robust CRM programme and the development of the DMO’s Events programme, working alongside Shakeseapre’s England Senior Marketing Manager and Social Media Executive.
Although initially offered on a one year fixed-term basis, the aim is to identify this position as fundamental to the organisation’s long-term viability and thus the need to fir to be made permanent.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with members, developing and implementing regular communication programme and delivering against members’ requirements
- Managing all aspects of administrative around new members, supplying new member information packs, and producing recruitment presentations and collateral
- Developing a pipeline of target businesses for potential membership
- Upselling benefits to moving members from lower to higher membership levels and sell bespoke mailing opportunities, website advertising and paid-for events
- Providing the Chief Executive with a monthly membership report and quarterly input report for the Shakespeare’s England Board meeting
- Dealing with day-to-day enquires from members, non-members, and stakeholders
- Developing a Members Event Programme and working with colleagues on the delivery of the Quarterly Tourism Forums, face to face, virtual or hybrid
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a minimum of two years’ experience in a sales role
- Previous experience in delivering and managing CRM systems
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Have good IT skills and experience in online communication
- Be able to work on own initiative, highly organised, managing own work-load and delivering against targeted goals
- Have good presentation skills and be confident addressing an audience
- Have past experience in budget management, and negotiating contracts
- Be comfortable with flexible working hours
To apply: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter highlighting your relevant skills and experience to Helen Peters, Chief Executive on [email protected]
About Shakespeare’s England: Shakespeare’s England is the Destination Management Organisation for South Warwickshire and surrounding areas, blessed with some of finest hotels and attractions in England. At its heart is Stratford-upon-Avon, the birthplace of William Shakespeare and home to the Royal Shakespeare Company. Shakespeare’s England is also home to Warwick Castle, where 1,100 years of history comes to life. 15 minutes from Birmingham Airport and 90 minutes from London, Shakespeare’s England is a must for any visit to the UK.