COVID-19 and Immigration
The Home Office has published new guidance on immigration provisions for individuals affected by travel restrictions associated with coronavirus (COVID-19). Access this guidance here.
Visa Application Centre (VAC) update
Priority Visa and Super Priority Visa services have now resumed overseas in some locations. If the service is available, customers will be able to purchase these services when booking their appointment. For the most up to date information you can visit the VAC websites:
- Europe, Africa and parts of the Middle East visit: uk.tlscontact.com
- All other countries visit: vfsglobal.co.uk
UK Visa and Citizenship Application Centres (UKVCAS) update
There are currently 37 UKVCAS Sopra Steria Service Points open in the UK, with more opening soon. The service points are operating with a reduced capacity due to the social distancing requirements. More information on service points and further opening dates can be found on the Sopra Steria UKVCAS Website.
The Guidance for sponsors of overseas students has been updated to say that if a student stops engaging with their distance learning for more than 30 days, whether overseas or in the UK, sponsors must withdraw sponsorship. Also students starting a course by distance learning must have a CAS and a Tier 4 visa before travelling to the UK.
- UKPBS information for different groups : https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/uk-points-based-immigration-system-employers-and-eu-citizens
- COVID visa advice https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-advice-for-uk-visa-applicants-and-temporary-uk-residents
- 2025 Border consultation: https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/2025-uk-border-strategy-public-consultation